1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Split-Window Coupe Ermine White with Red Interior "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) "American Muscle" Series 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Auto World
Regular price $102.99
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Split-Window Coupe Ermine White with Red Interior "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) "American Muscle" Series die cast model car by Auto World.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Has pop-up headlights.
- Officially licensed product.
- Has opening hood and doors.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-9.5, W-3.75, H-2.75 inches.
- Al Hemstreet was a USAF mechanic and President of the Corvette Clubs of Hawaii and Georgia. Al loved Corvettes, owning and repairing more than a hundred. In Hawaii, he purchased this 1963 Corvette Z06 "tanker" in 1978. It was the first year of the Z06, with a 360 horse fuel injected 327, heavy-duty suspension, vented "big" brakes, racing 4-speed, and a 37 gallon fuel cell. Al knew it was special. In the 1980s the Z06 was disassembled until 2006, when Al decided to sell his parts and rolling chassis to a Texas collector. Al interviewed him for over an hour because he wanted this important car to be restored at the highest level. They became good friends, and Al watched his Corvette win all the top awards: NCRS Duntov, Bloomington Gold, and MCACN Triple Diamond before his passing in 2023.