Airbus A380-800 Commercial Aircraft "Emirates Airlines - Dubai Expo 2020" White with Blue Graphics "Gemini 200" Series 1/200 Diecast Model Airplane by GeminiJets
Regular price $177.52
- Brand new 1/200 scale diecast airplane model of Airbus A380-800 Commercial Aircraft "Emirates Airlines - Dubai Expo 2020" White with Blue Graphics "Gemini 200" Series die cast model by GeminiJets.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-14.25, Wingspan-15.75 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- Manufactured by GeminiJets as a limited edition, highly collectible model, this Emirates Airbus A380-800 has been meticulously recreated from Airbus' blueprints and features realistic metal landing gear and detailed graphics, assuring the utmost accuracy and superior quality. A Display Stand is included. Having been developed by Airbus in 1990 as a viable contender to the Boeing 747, which had gone unchallenged since its inception in the 1960's, the Airbus A380 is a four engine jet that went into service in 2007 as the world's largest, long-range, wide-body passenger airliner, and because it is the only full-length, double-deck aircraft to ever be produced, it can typically be configured to seat from 525 passengers up to a maximum capacity of 853 passengers. Production of the Airbus A380 ended in December 2021 with a total of 251 having been produced.
- A striking contrast from Emirate's traditional livery, Emirates and Expo 2020 Dubai have teamed up and are connecting the world together with the introduction of three special, colorfully adorned Emirates A380's, each airliner linked to one of Expo 2020 Dubai's subthemes - Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability. This Emirates A380 showcases the Mobility theme, which is intended to be symbolic of universal mobility - interpreted as the tangible movement of individuals, the availability and delivery of goods and services, and the ever-increasing advent and implementation of virtual connectivity through information technology. More concisely, Emirates and Expo 2020 Dubai are connecting people, goods and ideas by bringing the world closer together through new technologies and paving the way to better collaboration.
- Consisting of more than 60 daily shows, 200 restaurants and hundreds of pavilions from a record of nearly 200 participating countries, Expo 2020 Dubai - which was delayed by one year because of the pandemic - is deemed to be one of the largest fairs ever held and is the first World Expo ever to be presented in the Middle East. Much more than just three subthemes, together, Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability were the challenge, the inspiration and the goal that Emirates and Expo 2020 Dubai set its sights on, and eventually achieved, as the fair was developed and constructed to be thoroughly sustainable by primarily relying on the energy generated by solar panels along with other renewable resources for its sustainable requirements, including the ability to recycle much of its water.