Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye Aircraft "VAW-116 Sun Kings" United States Navy 1/145 Diecast Model Airplane by Postage Stamp
Regular price $44.25
- Brand new 1/145 scale diecast airplane model of Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye Aircraft "VAW-116 Sun Kings" United States Navy die cast model by Postage Stamp.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-4.5, Wingspan-6.75 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The E-2 Hawkeye is a twin turboprop, carrier based tactical airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft made by Northrup Grumman Corporation. Its unique 24 foot diameter rader dome mounted on its wings is used for sea and land surveillance, to direct fighter pilots to their target locations, control search and rescue missions, relay radio communications and even as an emergency air traffic control unit. It entered service in 1964 and has been continuously upgraded and operated by 8 different nations, making it the most widely used AEW system in the world. Established in April 1967 the VAW-116 Sun Kings is a US Navy Command and Control Squadron that has a long and colorful history dating back to the Vietnam War Era. The Sun Kings are still operational today.